Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life as it is.

Sometimes, I get distracted. I forget the wonderful life that God graciously has given me. I married the guy that I never thought I would. Haha, now that probably sounds bad, but don't take it that way. lol. I mean, I thought I knew who I was going to marry.. I thought I had it all planned out. But, I wasn't truly happy, and I certainly wasn't truly secure. I felt terrified at times that I was making a wrong decision, but then I would just push it away assuring myself that I was just being my normal second guess everything Joelle cuz you just never know self. Lol. That is a mouthful. You know that feeling, when you've made a decision that you think should feel amazing! but then once you finally crossed the t's and dotted the i's, you feel.. wrong. Scared. And just..empty. And it's awful! Now don't get me wrong, the person I though I was supposed to be with was an amazing guy! But just not for me. Though it took me a long while to truly admit that, and have the courage, which trust me only God could have given me, to do something about it.

Now take a look in the background of all this chaos. And you'll see the one thing (besides God who was with me every step of the way in this mess, but He's on a whole different level. lol) that took away all the madness. I didn't feel scared of decisions or worried about the future, but only ecstatic about the present. And that one thing was my very best friend. But come on, a best friend is only a best friend! Nothing more, right? Well, in my case, wrong. Nigel Piercy was my very best friend. We talked about everything and nothing, and laughed about everything and definitely nothing at times. Whenever I was with him, I didn't think about tommorow, or even earlier that day! I only thought about being with him and how much longer I could spend with him until it was time to go. Now I didn't think this was necessarily odd, because I love all my bffs, and enjoy all of the time I have with them. I never want to leave when I'm with my friends I love so dearly! Though the weirdness in me did begin to set it, when I enjoyed spending more time with my bff than with my fiance. :/ Awkward. Lol.

Now fast forward 2 years and to save your time in reading this, I married my best friend. God put me on the path He originally designed for me, and I couldnt be happier :) Sometimes I forget that, and I pout, but what woman doesnt? Lol. Point is, I was blessed enough to marry the one person that I never wanted to be without. Thank you Lord, and thank you Nigel for being my husband, and still my very best friend.
Oh, and just incase your wondering, my ex fiance and I are still friends and he is happy as well :) God works everything out for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purposes. I forget what verse that is, but it is a good one :)

Until next time, God bless :)
-Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment